At Argyll Holidays we take your privacy seriously and are legally dutybound under legislation including the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) which implemented the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (PECR).
The data controller is Argyll Holidays and all marketing in relation to it are owned and maintained by:
Cowal Leisure Ltd (T/A Argyll Holidays)
Drimsynie Estate Office
Argyll & Bute
We are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal information we collect or which you submit. We will keep your personal details secure and use the information you provide consistently with applicable privacy and data protection laws and the terms of this Privacy Notice.
We will never disclose any of your information to a third-party without obtaining your written permission.
What information do we collect?
If you choose to make a booking through us or make enquiries about a potential booking, we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking or enquiry. Information held is likely to include your name, contact details, payment details, date of birth, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your requirements.
CCTV operates in our parks to assist with monitoring and maintaining safety, to prevent and detect crime and assist law enforcement (where necessary). These are operated for the protection of our guests, employees and premises from criminal activities. If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of CCTV we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts. The Legal basis for our use of this information is in our legitimate interests to ensure the safety of guests and employees and to assist with law enforcement. We may also use the footage to exercise and defend our legal rights.
How do we use your information?
The information you provide or which we collect may be used in several ways, in order to fulfil our contract(s) with you. For example:
- To enable us to complete your booking (if you are booking a holiday)
- For statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services
- To personalise repeat visits to our websites or inform you about an incomplete booking
- To tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you
- To manage customer service enquiries
- To help us to provide details or information you may have requested
- If you take part in a competition, we collect and process information about your entry
- To administer your ArgyllHolidays.com account
At Argyll Holidays we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, whilst striving to provide the very best guest experience. We work very hard to keep your information safe and we want our services to be safe and enjoyable for everyone. We follow strict security procedures on how personal information is stored and used and who sees it to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it.
The following information may be collected by Argyll Holidays:
- We will collect and use certain technical information about you and your visit when you visit our website, including the IP address of the device you use, the pages you visit on our website and the browser which you are using. Please view our Cookies Policy for more details on why we collect this information.
- We may collect details of your marketing preferences and whether you want to receive certain marketing messages (e.g. emails) from us.
- We may also collect information if you participate in a webchat, register with us for and/or enter promotions, complete surveys, or report problems with our website.
- If you contact us by phone to our contact centre, we will record the call, record the number you are calling from (where available) and the date and time of the call. Similarly, if we call you from our contact centre, we may record the same information.
- We turn off the recording during the payment process so will retain no card payment information on file. This is used for statistical analysis and resource planning.
Sensitive Personal Information
We do not normally collect sensitive personal information from you as part of the booking process. However, if you make us aware of any special requests for your booking including anything due to specific medical, dietary or religious requirements, we will note these so that we can do our best to meet your request. We will not process this data for any other purpose.
If you book onsite activities (including, but not limited to, sports, outdoor activities and spa treatments), we may ask for information about your health including any existing conditions relevant to the activity and details of who to contact in the event of an emergency.
The information is collected for the following purposes:
- To provide the activities and treatments you want and to ensure you can safely take part
- To ensure we can contact someone in an emergency
- To understand and analyse customer preferences to ensure ongoing improvements to the range and type of activities and treatments we provide to you
Retention of Personal Information
You have the right to object to us processing this data at any time and our right to process data does not override your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Access - We will confirm to you whether or not we are processing and using personal information about you, at your request and, if so, provide you with access to and a copy of such personal information and the other details to which you are entitled.
- Rectification - We will correct any inaccurate personal data and complete any incomplete personal data that we hold about you.
- Prevention of processing likely to cause distress - we will respect your rights to require us to cease or not to begin processing your personal information for a specific purpose, or in a specific way, that is likely to cause you or any third parties unwarranted damage or distress.
- Erasure - We will erase your personal information at your request without undue delay.
- Restriction - We will restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, if you ask us to do so.
- Objection - We will respect your rights to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, including for direct marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes, and we will never disclose your information to third-parties without prior written permission.
Why are my card details safe?
Our Secure Server Software (SSL) is the industry standard and is among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all your personal information, including your credit or debit card number, name and address, which means that your details cannot be read as the information travels over the internet.
Policy last updated February 2020.
Contact and Complaints
By email: email@example.com
By post: Marketing Dept, Argyll Holidays, Drimsynie Estate Office, Lochgoilhead, Argyll & Bute, PA24 8AD